Team Altran Peugeot is fully geared up to defend their titles of Touring Cars and TCR Champion Team of the 24H SERIES at the opening round of the 2018 Championship, the 24H DUBAI 2018 race. With close to 100 cars on the event’s entry list, and no less than 14 cars entered in the very popular and competitive TCR class, this is perhaps the biggest challenge the French team has ever faced.
Steering up the champions’ spirit, the team will aim perform at its best in both the TCR class and the Touring Cars overall standings. 8 fired-up expert drivers will join Team Altran Peugeot to share the steering wheel of the two TCR class race cars in Dubai:
Peugeot 308 Racing Cup #308:
- Guillaume ROMAN (France – Overall Driver Champion of the 24H SERIES in 2016)
- Kim HOLMGAARD (Denmark – 3rd Place Overall Drivers Championship in 2017)
- Michael CARLSEN (Denmark – 3rd Place Touring Cars Drivers Championship in 2017)
- Olivier BARON (France – an experienced driver who has multiple starts at the 24H DUBAI)
Peugeot 308 Racing Cup #908:
- Lionel AMROUCHE (France – an experienced 24H SERIES racer)
- Cyril CALMON (France – an experienced 24H SERIES racer)
- Aram MARTROUSSIAN (Iran – experienced endurance racer, a flagship for racing in Iran)
- Henrik SØRENSEN (Denmark – an experienced 24H SERIES drivers and Peugeot expert)
Team Altran Peugeot has been racing with the brand new TCR-homologated race car from Peugeot Sport: the Peugeot 308 Racing Cup. Building on the successful start to the season achieved in Dubai last year, the team enjoyed a perfect result with top two ranks in the TCR class for their first race with the new 308 Racing Cup cars sporting the #308 and #908 numbers, the 12H RED BULL RING.
With further perfect 1st and 2nd finishes at the 24H PORTIMAO and 24H COTA USA rounds, team Altran Peugeot achieved what it then seemed to be unfeasible in its first season with the new cars: winning the 2017 24H SERIES Championship in the TCR Class, and the Overall Touring Cars standings, as well as the new-for-2017 Championship of the Continents, rewarding the teams achieving the best results in Dubai, Europe, and the USA.
About 24H DUBAI 2018
Close to 100 cars will compete in this year’s running of the 24H DUBAI race. A wide range of cars are allowed to compete, including the popular GT3, GT4 and TCR classes. Team Altran Peugeot is competing to win the popular and very competitive TCR Class – against 12 other teams – and the Overall Touring Cars standings. More information about the race can be found on the race’s website: https://www.24hseries.com/2018/24h-dubai-2018/entry-list | 24hseries.com | LIVE
About 24H SERIES
24H SERIES is a FIA-labelled International Endurance Championship (since 2015) organized by Dutch promoter CREVENTIC. The first-ever race of the series was the 24H DUBAI race, first held in 2006, which makes the 24H DUBAI 2018 the 13th running of the race. More races appeared on the series calendar year after year, until it became in 2015 an International Endurance Championship labelled by the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile).
The 2018 Championship includes the following events:
- 24H DUBAI (UAE, 11-12-13 January)
- 24H SILVERSTONE (United Kingdom, 9-10-11 March)
- 12H IMOLA (Italy, 24-25-26 May)
- 24H PORTIMAO (Portugal, 6-7-8 July)
- 24H BARCELONA (Spain, 7-8-9 September)
- 24H COTA USA (Texas, USA, 16-17-18 November)