2020 UAE Tour Stage 3 Winner: Adam Yates
British sprinter Adam Yates has won the 2020 UAE Tour Stage 3, the Emirates Stage, ahead of Tadej Pogacar and Alexey Lutsenko. Adam Yates is the new leader of the General Classification and was awarded the Red Jersey.
- Adam Yates, 184 km in 4h 42’33”, average speed 39.0072 km/h
- Tadej Pogacar at 1’03”
- Alexey Lutsenko at 1’30”
- The Red Jersey, sponsored by Emirates (General individual classification by time) – Adam Yates
- The Green Jersey, sponsored by Mubadala (General individual classification by points) – Caleb Ewan
- The White Jersey, sponsored by Nakheel (Best Young Rider born after 1 January 1995) – Tadej Pogacar
- The Black Jersey, sponsored by Abu Dhabi Aviation (Intermediate Sprint Jersey Classification) – Veljko Stojnic
- Adam Yates
- Tadej Pogacar at 1’07”
- Alexey Lutsenko at 1’35”
Speaking seconds after the stage finish, the winner and new leader of the General Classification Adam Yates said:
I attacked early because, this race being the first of the season for me, it was hard to know how everyone is going. I just wanted to test the legs. Maybe I attacked too early but in the end I felt good.
One minute difference is a lot but we’ll have to do this climb again and maybe my legs will not be so good. I also heard there might be crosswinds tomorrow so I’m still far from the overall victory.
- Pascal Ackermann wins 2020 UAE Tour Stage 1
- Caleb Ewan wins 2020 UAE Tour Stage 2
- Dylan Groenewegen wins 2020 UAE Tour Stage 4
- Tadej Pogacar wins 2020 UAE Tour Stage 5
About 2020 UAE Tour Stage 3 — Emirates
(Al Qudra – Al Ain – Jebel Hafeet, 184 km)
Stage 3 connects Dubai with Abu Dhabi. After departing from Al Qudra the route crosses the desert on long straights until reaching Al Ain, where it passes many of the city’s symbolic places, including some sections in common with Stage 5. The route continues up to Green Mubazzarah to begin the final ascent of Jebel Hafeet, with its 10 km and slopes mainly around 8-9%, peaking at 11% 3 km from the finish.
The final climb winds its way round wide hairpin bends on a three-lane roadway, with slopes mainly around 8-9%, peaking at 11% 3km from the finish. There are very short descents in the final km before the last ramp and a straight asphalt finish.
For more information, please visit theuaetour.com