2020 UAE Tour Stage 4 Winner: Dylan Groenewegen
Dutch sprinter Dylan Groenewegen has won the 2020 UAE Tour Stage 4, the Emirates NBD Stage, ahead of Fernando Gaviria and Pascal Ackermann. Adam Yates retains the Red Jersey of the leader of the General Classification.
- Dylan Groenewegen, 173km in 4h 16’ 13”, average speed 40.512km/h
- Fernando Gaviria s.t.
- Pascal Ackermann s.t.
- The Red Jersey, sponsored by Emirates (General individual classification by time) – Adam Yates
- The Green Jersey, sponsored by Mubadala (General individual classification by points) – Caleb Ewan
- The White Jersey, sponsored by Nakheel (Best Young Rider born after 1 January 1995) – Tadej Pogacar
- The Black Jersey, sponsored by Abu Dhabi Aviation (Intermediate Sprint Jersey Classification) – Veljko Stojnic
- Adam Yates
- Tadej Pogacar at 1’07”
- Alexey Lutsenko at 1’35”
Speaking seconds after the stage finish, the winner Dylan Groenewegen said:
This victory is really nice since all the top sprinters are here, including myself so I looked for the best position to launch my sprint. The speed was very good. My team put me in an excellent position. They did a very good job in the last 3km. I won because I was where I wanted to be in the last corner.
The Red Jersey leader of the General Classification Adam Yates said:
Apart from a bit of a fright when I avoided a crash, I had a good day on the bike. We rode at the end for our young sprinter Kaden Groves (6th). I hope to have the same legs tomorrow as yesterday.
- Pascal Ackermann wins 2020 UAE Tour Stage 1
- Caleb Ewan wins 2020 UAE Tour Stage 2
- Adam Yates wins 2020 UAE Tour Stage 3
- Tadej Pogacar wins 2020 UAE Tour Stage 5
About 2020 UAE Tour Stage 4 — Emirates NBD
(Zabeel Park – Mushrif Park – Dubai City Walk, 173 km)
The popular walkway through Dubai’s streets now also becomes a favourite racing route. After departing from Zabeel Park this stage joins sections of the classic route with the familiar crossing of Mushrif Park and Motor City before facing the finish in City Walk. Stage 4 is one for the fastest wheels.
Leaving Nad al Shamma the route runs on wide roads to the final bend at 500 m where it enters City Walk and heads to the 8.5 m wide finish on block paving tiles.
For more information, please visit theuaetour.com